- NOT ALL ZMA IS CREATED EQUAL: Restite by Capacity First is an optimised formulation of ZMA, a supplement product originally made available by the now-infamous BALCO organisation. ZMA efficacy is based upon the synergies of the Zinc, Magnesium and B6, and Restite capsules have been produced to mirror the most potent balance as indicated by clinical trials and provides a significant dose of Magnesium.
- MUSCLE AND MIND RELAXATION AND REPAIR: The individual components of ZMA are key to proper relaxation and repair. Magnesium is essential to allow a contracted muscle to relax, and also acts as a natural anxiolytic (anti-anxiety). Psychology Today has called magnesium “the original chill pill,” and with good reason. It is important in the production of such critical neurotransmitters as serotonin and Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) and melatonin, a hormone that supports your natural body clock.
- ACTIVE ATHLETES: Look to Restite as a ZMA supplement to increase plasma Zinc and Magnesium which has been shown to increase muscle strength. ZMA supplementation has also been shown to increase Plasma Testosterone and IGF-1 Concentrations. Restite has a large, but clinically-supported, Magnesium load to counteract hypomagnesaemia.
- POOR SLEEPERS: ZMA supplementation via tablets or capsules has improved sleep patterns and recovery in studies and generally-accepted anecdotal evidence. We are awaiting the results of well-controlled studies to support the use of ZMA tablets as an anabolic nutritional intervention that improves sleep quality. Anecdotal support is very strong however.
- REGULATES TESTOSTERONE AND IGF-1 LEVELS: Zinc and Magnesium deficiency has been clearly shown to adversely affect plasma levels of testosterone, growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). Zinc deficiency specifically is associated with lower plasma luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations.